There’s this new series on d local TV called Candy, which i associated instantly with the huge manga/anime with the same title written by Kyoko Mizuki with drawings by Yumiko Igarashi. I saw the teaser n its a dead ringer of the aforementioned CANDY CANDY. Here are the rip-offs from the real thing:
The whole story is about an orphan named Candy (same name. Check!)
Has a bff named Rani (ANNIE. Check!)
who’s adopted by a rich family, that later forced her not to continue her bff relationship so no one would know dat she’s adopted (Check!)
Candy met his ‘prince’ Alfa (prince WILLIAM ALBERT AUDREY. Check!)
The ‘prince’ gave her a seashell (a family crest, like a brooch or sumtin. Check!)
Candy got ‘adopted’ alright, but as a maid (Check!)
in a wealthy family with 2 spoiled children, spawn of d devil, Lisa (ELIZA. Check!) and Neil (What, ran out of ideas? NEIL. Check!)
one day she took a walk n came to this beautiful garden (I bet it’s a rose garden. Hah.) and met Anthony (ok I’m ready to puke), who has 2 cousins: Steve (STEA) and Ardi (ARCHIE) who also has a crush on her. (*barfing all over the place)
Not long after, Anthony died on an accident (figures. Also falling from his horse?)
And later on, Candy would meet Ferry (TERRY. AWHMAHGAWD have you no dignity??) a good looking yet troublesome pain in the ass. And guess what? They fell in love but it isn’t going smoothly. (I wont be surprised if they’d put the Sister Grey character here.)
The magz -which I read the news about this crap-, closed the writings with “Seperti apa kisah hidup Candy yang penuh liku ini?”
You people wanna know? Really? READ THE FUCKING BOOK!!!
God it makes me SICK. To the scriptwriter, Ms.Serena Luna (if thats even your real name, which i seriously doubt), SHAME ON YOU. FUCKING PLAGIATOR.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Candy
