Happy birthday to Tante Datie (Krishna’s mom) and mbak Tika (his sister who had her birthday last weekend). Best wishes for you both!
I miss my grandpa. I know it sounds ridiculous cos he died when I was only 5yo n there usually isn’t much to remember with me being a toddler but I feel like I am really, really close to him. Even as toddler I can tell that we have this bond that’ll last. We had this photo album of him that I used to look at whenever I miss him but I don’t know where it is now. There was this picture of him n my grandma in their early 20s, and boy were they gorgeous. A perfect couple. They looked like old Hollywood movie stars form the 50s, but with a slightly Japanese face (I don’t know where they got ‘em cos as far as I know gramma is Sundanese and grandpa is from Banjarmasin). And in their late years they still had this aura of beauty n handsomeness in their faces. They always looked good in every single picture. I can tell she’s really into fashion and I guess that’s where I got my passion for clothes n shoes. Heheh.
Another funny thing. Everytime I had serious illness (which is not rarely), I always dream of him. Sumtimes grandma, but mostly him. And I woke up in tears. Also there were times when I felt really sad for no reason, and the next thing I know I’m crying (not just a drop or two, but weep, sobbing, u know what I mean), I can almost feel his presence. Not in a spooky way. Its in a strangely comforting way.
Anyway I have a huge canvas picture of grandpa holding me when I was 1-and-a-half yo and we’re both dressed in white. Its on the corner of our study room, gathering dust as we speak. I’m planning on cleaning it and keep it somewhere more decent til I have my own place, where I’m taking it with me.
